Tofino Bear Watching
Witness the wild beauty and power of the bears of coastal British Columbia.
Lunar Fishing Charters and Tours offers bear-watching tours suitable for visitors of all ages. Whether you’re an experienced wildlife enthusiast or someone who wishes to simply admire all the beauty the west coast has to offer, our tours provide the perfect opportunity to see the bears in their natural habitat.
Our experienced and knowledgeable guides will take you on a journey through the stunning forests and along the coastlines of Clayoquot Sound to find these magnificent creatures. Join us for an unforgettable experience that you will remember for years to come.
Book your bear-watching tour with Lunar Fishing Charters and Tours today!
ALL PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE TAXES AND REQUIRED SURCHARGES.
- Fishing License (Fishing licenses- required for all sport fishing prior to arrival. Can be acquired online, also at Method Marine in Tofino).
- Motion sickness medication – options available locally at Tofino Pharmacy.
- Warm clothes and water proof footwear. Both our vessels provide heated enclosed cabins for your comfort, but we are in unpredictable west coast weather.
- Any beverages or snacks of your choice, you can bring. Or pre order in advance with us.
30 days emailed written notice required for a full refund. Less than 7 days notice or no notice at all, full balance will be due and payable on the booked charter date.
Unfortunately, we cannot offer refunds for motion sickness or choosing to come back to the dock early. We strongly recommend taking the necessary precautions to combat motion sickness before departing. If you do get seasick while we’re out there, we can always move to the inshore fishing grounds to finish your trip.
While tipping is not required, we aim to provide the experience of a lifetime, if you feel you’ve had an above par trip- the general rate is 10-20%.
40 Fourth St, Tofino, BC V0R 2Z0 at the 4th street dock!
Yes both our units are pet friendly, strata rules only allow one small to medium sized dogs.
- All top of the line equipment, lifejackets, safety PFDs and bait included.
- We will pre-order your lunch from savoury pies ( menu option to come) with prior notice and have it on the boat for you.
- Setting of crab and prawn traps.
- Cooler, water and ice for fish.
Transport Canada Vessel Approved.
- Coffee, hot chocolate, tea and waters will be provided on boats.
- Any beverages or snacks otherwise you can bring with or order in advance with us.
- Reservations for restaurants or seaplane and helicopter tours we also provide. (restaurants book quickly and its recommended to reserve at least 1 month in advance).
The guides will filet and clean your fish before dropping you off. You can then discuss further options with your guide on packaging and shipping.
Tofino Bear Watching Tours
Bear-watching tours are a safe and responsible way to observe bears in their natural habitats. Our guides are committed to providing an up-close experience while protecting both the wildlife and our guests.
Plan Your Experience
Tofino Accomodations & Tour Upgrades
Our luxurious waterfront accommodations are available as an add-on to any packages for $350/night (February-May) or $425/night (June-September).
*3 Night Minimum Stay June-September.